Learning Communities help students transition through academic and social challenges by providing small, supportive learning environments. The aim of the year-long Criminal Justice Learning Community is to facilitate the transfer student’s academic and social transition to UNC Charlotte.
Why join this program?
- Participation can increase your success in college and provide an environment that helps develop friendships and support, while adjusting to university life.
- Interact closely with UNC Charlotte facutly, staff, and peer mentors through areas of common interest.
- Take CJUS courses along with your learning community cohort.
- Have guaranteed enrollment in Criminological Theory and Research Methods in CJ with your cohort.
- Complete six credits of the required 24 credit hours of CJUS electives.
- Meet two University General Education goals (1 writing intensive course and 1 oral intensive course)
- Participate in service learning opportunities with criminal justice agencies in the Charlotte area.
For further information and/or an application packet please contact:
Dr. Anita Blowers
Learning Community Coordinator
Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology